Fenger High School * Chicago, Illinois
June Class Of 1958
- WHAT'S NEW!
- Fenger High School
- Remembering Roseland
- The Old Neighborhood Photo Gallery
- How I Got Where I Am
- Remembering Grade 8
- Grade School Photo Galleries
- 50th Wedding Anniversary Gallery
- Special Series
- Chicago Neighborhood Names
- Western Odyssey-Visiting Visor
- Radio Premiums
- Focus on the Fifties
- A Chicago Guide
- Let's Remember . . .
- For Fifties Folks
- 1958 History/Videos
- Missing Classmates
WHERE WE LIVE
Who lives where - select from the dropdown to find out.
In Honor of
Johnny Appleseed Day
JOHNNY APPLESEED DAY HONORS one of America's great legends. Johnny Appleseed was a real person. John Chapman was among the American settlers who were captivated by the movement west across the continent. As Johnny Appleseed travelled west, he planted apple trees along the way, and sold trees to settlers. With every apple tree that was planted, the legend grew.
There is plenty of documentation to support claims for Johnny Appleseed Day on March 11th and on September 26th. So, here's the skinny on the two dates:
- John Chapman was born on September 26, 1774. This date is undisputed.
- It is believed he died on March 11, 1845. However, his date was not formally recorded and the date of death is disputed.
To play 50s tunes, click on the arrow in the middle
of the top of the JVideoPlayer.
Powered by Class Creator